When a medical need arises, it doesn’t always happen at the most opportune of times and you may not have the supplies you need on-hand. However, did you know that ordering certain medical supplies in high-volumes- like incontinence products, catheters, etc- might actually save you lmoney and ensure you’re prepared for an emergency situation? Find out everything you need to know about buying medical supplies in bulk here.
Buying Bulk Medical Supplies
First, you should consider what medical supplies the person you are caring for needs or uses on a regular basis. If you are unsure of where to start, consider contacting a rehabilitation center or in-home care specialist to help identify those items. You can also talk with your physician or other specialists for recommendations on products. Some the most common medical supplies include:
- Colostomy care supplies
- IV equipment
- Disposable Gloves
- Incontinence Briefs
Next, contact your insurance provider to discuss what medical supply costs are covered, as well as what brands or vendors are covered for those items.
Lastly, based on the supplies you need and what your provider will cover, research the best medical supply company for you. To determine this, consider the following:
- What are the manufacturers of the most common products/supplies that your aging loved one uses?
- Does the medical supply company charge for shipping?
- Does the company have a return policy?
- Does the company provide at-home use products or do they only supply hospitals or other medical facilities?
- How does the price-per-item compare to other companies, as well as from your traditional supplies like Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, or even Amazon?
Research each company’s online reviews for customer feedback and discuss options with your physician. Finding online medical supply companies may offer you the opportunity to find additional products than you cannot find at your local stores.