Anyone experiencing mobility limitations due to aging, medical treatments, and sensory challenges can benefit from adaptive clothing. In a recent post, we described what adaptive clothing is, how it works and its benefits. With nearly 12 percent of the U.S. population dealing with arthritis – older adults with arthritis in particular can directly benefit from using adaptive clothing. Review the products available below from Silverts.com to help make living with arthritis a manageable task.
Those with arthritis have restricted joint movement and function. The limited function can cause significant challenges for dressing and undressing on your own. Typical clothing may have small zippers or buttons making it very challenging for those with arthritis and chronic pain. Overall, the clothing for those with arthritis should assist with the following:
- Ease of putting on clothing
- Ease of removing clothing
- Ease in handling clips, zippers and other fasteners
- Ease of access to closure through added features
- Stylish clothing
Adaptive Clothing for Arthritis
Silvert’s is aware of the routine physical dilemmas faced by many in the daily chore of dressing. As a result, Silvert’s design department continually consults with clients, caregivers and health care professionals to meet the daily needs of our customers. The products listed below are those that address the needs of older adults with arthritis:
- Women’s winter weight open side adaptive pants: comfortable side opening adaptive arthritis pants feature an easy access hook and loop fastener on each side to make arthritic dressing a breeze.
- Men’s easy access open side pants: classic looking adjustable waist pants for men with Easy touch strap brand closures designed for easy access.
Women’s wrap skirts: adaptive clothing for women with Easy touch is deal for women who are wheelchair users or have arthritis in their hands.
- Women’s adaptive arthritis easy closure Terry cloth slippers: affordable Easy Touch slippers are easier for those with limited hand dexterity or arthritis.
- Men’s wide fit Propet shoes: absolute comfort can be found in these men’s very wide-fitting shoes.
- Adaptive wheelchair top for women: this adaptive top is terrific for older adults who suffer from arthritis or are disabled or wheelchair dependent.
- Magnetic buttons men’s shirt: quality, style and functionality combined to make this men’s long sleeve dress shirt with shirt magnets available for those with arthritis and hand dexterity.
These are a few of the many options available for those dealing with chronic pain from arthritis. Explore these options with your aging loved one!