This fall, make time for your family and aging loved ones. Time can go by, quickly so make sure to get some activities scheduled now. We’ve highlighted the top 10 fall activities for you and your family, sotry one, two, or all of them!
Top 10 Fall Activities
1. Go on a Daytime Hayride. This can offer some refreshing fresh air and there are often other fun seasonal activities nearby (pumpkin patches, corn mazes, farm animals, etc.)
2. Take a nice fall drive. View the beauty of the fall from the comfort of your car. This is a great way to see the fall foliage without the difficulty of walking around.
3. Have a bonfire. Invite your loved ones, neighbors, and colleagues over for a bonfire to share stories and just enjoy each other’s company.
4. Do arts and crafts. Anyone can participate in carving a pumpkin or creating some handmade holiday decor.
5. Go pumpkin and/or apple picking. On a nice fall afternoon, take the family to a local farm and get some fresh apples and/or pumpkins. Be careful when lifting the pumpkins as they can often be heavier than they look.
6. Make a Thankful Tree. Build a tree out of paper for the whole family to add hand written notes on leaves saying what they are thankful for.
7. Schedule family movie time. Putting on a familyfriendly movie and having the whole family over can be a great way to relax and enjoy the moment.
8. Cook some healthy fall treats. The fall has lots of opportunities for unhealthy eating, so take some time to make healthy options (click here for suggestions).
9. Send some fall love by writing handwritten notes to friends and family. This is a great way to bring joy to someone else and spend time with your family.
10. Connect with your community at local events and festivals. Check your local community calendars for fall festivals and activities. You might be surprised by how many there are.
Get active this fall and spend quality time with your family. Share your experiences and what activities you like best. Have a happy fall!